- A behind-the-scenes video shows the filming of the song “Kiss the Girl” from the new film adaptation of The Little Mermaid.
- Daveed Diggs, Awkwafina, and Jacob Tremblay, who play Sebastian, Scuttle, and Flounder respectively, give their views on the sequel and homage to the original.
- Composer Lin-Manuel Miranda is involved in arrangements and remakes of classic songs, while also contributing new songs to the film. The Blu-ray release will also include a Sing-Along Version and various bonus features.
when The Little Mermaid Floating onto the screen this past spring, it took the audience’s breath away, especially when it came to the magnificent voice acting from Ariel herself, Halle Bailey. Now, ahead of the film’s Blu-ray release this September – which will be packed full of musical features – Collider is excited to reveal an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the recording of “Kiss the Girl,” the famous song from the 1989 animated classic, reimagined for the new film.
Video features Daveed DiggsWho played Sebastian, talking about how iconic the track is, and how the team behind it The Little Mermaid Respect it while making it your own. The feeling is reflected by AvavafinaWho played Scuttle, a clip showing both of them together Jacob TremblayWho played Flounder, track record.
is currently a composer Lin-Manuel MirandaWho is involved in the process of songwriting, rearranging and reworking Alan Menken And Howard AshmanThe iconic song of – by Menken working alongside him, of course! Miranda is also the writer behind the film’s new songs, including “Wild Uncharted Waters,” “The Scuttlebutt,” and “Part of Your World.”
Special features? They got 20
The Little MermaidThe Blu-ray release will also come with enough bonus features to fill the mermaid’s treasure trove. In addition to the drama “Kiss the Girl”, there will also be filming “Wind Uncharted Waters” directed by Jonah Hauer-Kingone on Melissa McCarthyParticipate in “Souls Unfortunate Souls,” and the whole host behind the scenes with the director Rob Marshall, goes into every aspect of bringing Disney stories to the big screen. For families — or aspiring sirens — who want in on the fun, the Blu-ray release will also come with a Sing-Along Version.
The Little Mermaid Still stars Javier Bardem as King Triton, Noma Dumezweni A Queen, and Art Malik A Grimsby. The film was written by Marshall, David McGree And John Deluca. The Little Mermaid Coming to Blu-ray and DVD on September 19. Check out “Kiss the Girl” below, as well as the full list of extras:
Sing Along Version – Sing along to your favorite songs while watching movies with lyrics on screen.
Hotter Under The Water – Discover how director Rob Marshall and his team brought the story of The Little Mermaid to life with this documentary in five episodes:
- A Tale Of The Bottomless Blue – Join Rob Marshall in one of the most ambitious and challenging films he has ever directed.
- I Know Something’s Starting Now – Join cast members Halle Bailey, Melissa McCarthy, Jonah Hauer-King and more and learn how they were cast in the film and what it was like to bring director Rob Marshall’s vision to life.
- Down Where It’s Wetter – Dive your feet into the virtual ocean and learn about how the amazing underwater world was created by visual effects, imagination and talented artists.
- Explore the Shore Up Above – From Prince Eric’s Castle to the beach, explore the locations above the sea and the intricate production designs behind them.
- Do What The Music Say – Discover how legendary composer Alan Menken collaborated with Lin-Manuel Miranda to write new songs to accompany the original classics.
- Wild Unchartered Waters – Prince Eric, played by Jonah Hauer-King, gets his own song, written by Alan Menken and Lin-Manuel Miranda. Go behind the song, from writing to recording, filming in the practical ship.
- Under the Sea – See first-hand how professional dancers help bring director Rob Marshall’s vision to life as they stand among lifelike sea creatures that sing and dance in this performance number.
- Kiss The Girl – Float along and take a peek at the beautiful set created for the live-action filming of this classic song.
- Poor Unfortunate Souls – Join Melissa McCarthy (Ursula) as she takes us through the journey of creating her character’s signature song.
- The Scuttlebutt On Sidekicks – Dive in and meet Sebastian, Flounder and Scuttle, who not only have their own song, “The Scuttlebutt”, but also look fresh as they work hard to make Ariel and Eric kiss before Ursula’s deadline..
- Passing The Dinglehopper – Ariel met Ariel when Halle Bailey worked with Jodi Benson – the voice of Ariel in the original animated film – who appeared in a clever cameo in the live action film.
- Bloopers – Laugh along with the cast as they have the time of their lives making The Little Mermaid.